"Living Opera" Complimentary In-classroom Workshops
An engaging introduction to opera for elementary school students, bringing singing storytellers into the classroom for 40 mins of fun and music-based learning.
(Recommended for grades 3 to 8)
LIving Opera Workshop for La Bohème
Character dynamics and friendship
January 22 to February 9, 2018
Showcasing a variety of characters from Puccini's beloved opera, soprano Allison Ward & baritone Nathan McDonald perform a range of comedic and dramatic excerpts from La Bohème, presenting the story and character dynamics as a means of prompting students to consider how they can navigate challenges together and support one another through friendship.
- Arts Education (K-7)
- Using music to explore relationships between identity, society, and belonging
- Elements of music: rhythm, tempo, metre, pitch, timbre, dynamics, form, texture
- Elements of drama: character, time, place, plot, mood, tension
- English Language Arts (K-7)
- Language, text, and story as a source of creativity and joy
- Exploring story and text to help us understand ourselves and make connections to others